My Peruvian Mayhem : Adventure #3
Adventure #3 was kind of my fault and I am embarrassed to say the least but did secretly laughed at myself!!! We took a flight from Puno to Lima. For goodness sake, NO MORE BUS RIDE!!! Everybody was exhausted from the hostage ordeal. I fell asleep on the plane before it even took off. I awoke to people removing their luggage from the overhead bin, exiting the plane so I jumped up and grabbed my carry-on to follow the crowd, worried I might be left behind. Separation anxiety was kicking in!!!
As I followed the crowd from the tarmac towards the airport terminal, I asked myself how come the airport marquee on the roof did not have the word “Lima”? I looked around and saw no familiar faces from my tour group behind me (because I thought they were ahead of me). Thank God, I had my big mouth to ask other passengers on the tarmac “Are we in Lima?” They said “This is Arequipa!!!” I took off running from the tarmac back onto the plane and saw my group chatting among themselves or sleeping at the back of the plane. I then learned that it was NOT a direct flight from Puno to Lima!!! We were told not to disembark after we took our seats. I guess I missed the announcements because I was already asleep. I really did not need any more drama J