Thursday, June 21, 2012



My Peruvian Mayhem : Adventure #4

Last but not least.  We were visiting the “Museo of Gold” in Lima when an earthquake hit. The ground floor of the museum displays armors and weaponry. The Inca gold and the mummies are stored in the basement. I was in the basement gift shop when the shaking began. I could see the glassware rocking on the shelves, the ground was rumbling, 2 locals took off running away from the gift shop. I stood still, waiting for the shaking to subside. It only lasted for a couple of seconds, but the experience was unforgettable. Nothing broke. No injury. No alarm was sounded. I carried on to finish my shopping. Life goes on as we know it.  After the hostage crisis, it takes a lot more to scare me. Though I am not sure if it is a good thing or not.......
Would I visit Peru again? Absolutely. If I can physically hike up 1,000 steps in 12,600’ above sea level, sure, why not? The Inca Moray and the salt fields in the village Maras were amazing. It is one of those moments unless you experience it first hand, all the readings, postcards, and TV programs would not do it justice. You have to experience it for yourself to truly appreciate the beauty of the earth. I enjoyed this trip as much as I did with my other travel, have no regrets and would encourage others to do the same.  I cannot predict when will I be in the wrong place or in the right place, might as well enjoy myself as much as I could J